Monday, May 30, 2011

Tonight For Dinner...

I've started to move beyond pita sandwiches. Don't get me wrong, I still make them all the time. But honestly, do you want to know every single variant I have of a pita sandwich with some form of tivol. No. You don't. Because that would get real old real fast. Last week, I attempted bread. I didn't take pictures because it was my first attempt and I didn't want to share it just yet (in case you're wondering, it turned out pretty well, except that I forgot to include anyherbs in the mix, so the bread was pretty bland...I tried to salvage it by adding some herbs and salt to the top before I baked it). I promise: next time I make bread, I'll bring you along for the journey.

Tonight, though, we have a meal created completely from scratch.

Salad: Israeli salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, and a quarter onion, all finely diced. Everything is seasoned with salt, garlic powder, rosemary, oregano, sweet basil, and zatar. Right before it's put in bowls, I'll add some olive oil and lemon juice. For protein, I will top the salad with some Tivol sweet chili "chicken."















Soup: Corn chowder. I used this recipe as a guide. However, I added double the amount of corn (since it looked more like a vegetable soup than a corn chowder), and instead of the seasoning that the recipe called for, I just used Tony's cajon seasoning. Delish!
















Biscuits: Yup. I made biscuits from scratch. However, I tried to make them healthier. Instead of using shortening, I just used a lite margarine made from olive oil. Here's the recipe.


















B'teiavon (Hebrew for "Bon Appetit")!

No comments:

Post a Comment